Go to main content of the website

Castello Santa Margherita

The castle of Santa Margherita is located in Cori, a village on a hill nestling high on the Lepini mountains. Carefully restored the castle is Agriturismo and offers self-catering holiday apartments.

The farmhouse Azienda Agricola Castello Santa Margherita is located in Cori, south of Rome, in the middle of a centenary olive grove, on a hill about 400 metres above sea level.

The farm lies on a fairly isolated area on the pitch of a hill and enjoys the beauty of the building confidentially called Castle, which is the result of a series of architectural stratifications started in 1100 a.d. and developed up untill the first half of the 19th Century.
The edifice was originally erected to host a monastery, later it became site for a farm. A wealthy roman family turned it into summer holiday residence. In the beginning of 1900 it was bought by the actual owners who tried to keep the original structure despite the ups and downs of the second world war. During that time the structure was occupied by the German army.

The harmony of the location is created by the magical marriage between the building and the surrounding nature, between the panorama and the centenary gardens, emphasized by a careful restoration, carried out fully respecting the original period and style.
It is a family run business, and the products, extra-virgin olive oil and olives are produced in the full respect of nature and following the organic procedures.


  • Spoken languages
  • Italian English
Phone: +39 06 96 77 022
Cell phone: +39 333 65 73 887

Address:
Castello Santa Margherita
04010 CORI
ITALY